It’s AMA Omaha Cares Month! Your AMA Omaha Board is excited to highlight our partnership with the Heart Ministry Center during February – through two personal care item drives, awareness efforts, and more.
What is AMA Omaha Cares?
The AMA Omaha Cares committee is in its second year. This effort began out of a desire to better connect the working professionals in the AMA Omaha membership base to hard-working nonprofits in the Omaha community. For the past two terms, we have partnered with the Heart Ministry Center to share their mission and support their efforts to help those severely affected by poverty in the Omaha-community.
How is AMA Omaha supporting the Heart Ministry Center?
This month, AMA Omaha, in conjunction with our incredible members, will promote and support the Heart Ministry Center through:
· Personal Care Item Drives at our February events (Super Bowl Ad Review Power Lunch and February Workshop) – Sometimes, the most needed items at the Center are basics in personal care, from shampoo to soap and diapers. Help those who need it most by bringing a personal care item to any AMA Omaha February event. Your donation enters you into a drawing for a FREE AMA Omaha Power Lunch or Workshop.
· Awareness Efforts – Throughout February, look for information and updates on the work at the Heart Ministry Center, from this blog, AMA Omaha social media channels, and the AMA Omaha AMP Podcast.
· Chances to Get Involved – AMA Omaha invites you to volunteer at the Heart Ministry Center! Learn more about volunteering here: https://heartministrycenter.org/how-to-help/#Volunteer
What does the Heart Ministry Center do?
Initially started nearly thirty years ago in response to increased requests from members in the North Omaha community seeking food, clothing, shelter and financial assistance, the Heart Ministry Center has always aimed to assist people needing life’s most basic necessities.
From their location in the heart of North Omaha, the Center offers:
· A choice food pantry
· The Porto Medical Clincic
· The Fresh Start Job Placement Program
· The Gary L. Maag Dental Clinic
· Case Management Services
· And more
Thank you for your support of The Heart Ministry Center!